Los Angeles Area Regional Training Group Los Angeles Area Fire Chiefs Association
Ethical Leadership in the Classroom
This one-day course is designed to provide you with concepts and theories of the ethical decision- making process, help you recognize the signs of an ethical dilemma, identify advantages and disadvantages of ethical behavior, and an opportunity to review examples of classroom situations in which instructors used their leadership role to either encourage or discourage ethical behavior. Participants in this class will examine ethics, values, principles, and morality. State Fire Training's Instructor Code of Ethics/Conduct will also be presented.
• A fundamental awareness of ethical values within fire service instructors by exploring examples of ethical behavior in the classroom environment.
• The basic concepts, terms, and theories of ethical decision-making processes.
• An instructor code of ethics.
• Concepts in ethical leadership.
• Ethics awareness and a method for assessing personal values.
• A process for analyzing the role of the fire service instructor in maintaining the value system through video case studies and classroom ethical situations.
Business Casual or Uniform
Certificate Issued by the State of California
Enrollment is on a first come, first served basis.
0800 hrs. to 1700 hrs. (1-Day Class) Tuesday, June 4, 2019
$125.00 (Includes State Certificate Fee)
Register with the link below
INSTRUCTOR: LACOFD Captain Dave Norman
Contact: Chelsea Davis at the Long Beach Fire Training Center if you have any questions.